Fall is such a delicious time of year, isn’t it! It’s still warm enough to play outside but without the high heat of summer. It’s the perfect time to get out to some of our regions festivals!
Whether you’re a fan of music, the arts, cosplay, film or other creative offerings, there is a fall festival just right for you and your family. Here is a list of some of the festivals within a short drive of Eugene and the Willamette Valley:
Art by the Bay – Winchester Bay, OR – Sep 2 to Sep 3, 2017
Bay Area Fun Festival – Coos Bay, OR – Sep 16 to Sep 17, 2017
Corvallis Fall Festival – Corvallis, OR – Sep 23 to Sep 24, 2017
Lincoln City Fall Kite Festival – Lincoln City, OR – Sep 30 to Oct 1, 2017 10 AM to 4 PM on Saturday and Sunday. Held at the D River Wayside on the beach in the middle of Lincoln City.
Oregon State Fair – Salem, OR – Aug 25 to Sep 4, 2017 Carnival, music concerts, home brew competition, talent search, Dog Town and more.
Shrewsbury Renaissance Faire – Kings Valley, OR – Sep 9 to Sep 10, 2017
Sublimity Harvest Festival – Sublimity, OR – Sep 8 to Sep 10, 2017 event with live entertainment, Monster Trucks, Pulling, KidZone, fun run, and Parade. Plus all the usual great foods.
Septembeerfest – Corvallis, OR – Sep 16, 2017 Beers, ciders and meads in Avery Park from the Heart of the Valley Homebrewers.
Yachats Village Mushroom Fest – Yachats, OR – Oct 20 to Oct 22, 2017
Here in Eugene, we have a variety of great activities that you can take part in this autumn. But don’t forget, fall is also a perfect time for those small home improvement projects. This fall you can:
- Paint your front door. Go for a bold color like a royal blue or paint it pumpkin-orange, just in time for the season!
- Apply touch-up paint to the exterior. Before the leaves come tumbling down, get rid of that chipping paint and faded shutters.
- Repair or replace your roof. If the roof is already showing signs of wear, winter weather will exacerbate those problems. You don’t want a leak in the middle of a snowstorm, right?
- Power-wash the exterior of the house. You might find that you don’t need to paint after you blast off the dirt.
- Window replacements. Again, winter is coming. Any cracked or faulty windows will let in air, which will cost you in utility bills.
- Clean your gutters: this one is super important! Just 30 minutes will save you on thousands of potential dollars of damage to your foundation.
However you choose to spend your fall – whether it’s hitting the region’s festivals or improving your home – Red Umbrella Services wishes you a wonderful season. Contact us if you need help with any of your fall home improvement projects!